Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another Time, Another Life

The A-Level results are out. And I begin to wonder that in another life, I may also be receiving my A Level results from the Cambridge Exam Board. It is strange though, I don't know how or why but I'm pretty sure my life would be completely and utterly different.

I know I would've ended at a second tier JC. Prolly not NJ or HCJC, maybe something a bit lower end... I would have had much more local friends going into NS, I may have ended up drifting further than I have now from my CHS bitches.

I know I would have stayed mostly the way I was though, I don't think I would have changed as much as I have over the past two years. My outlook in life is much more positive, and the bottom line is... I feel a confidence in myself, that I may not have had if I had stayed in Singapore. Ultimately, the whole living in China experience gave me something different. Something that staying in Singapore might not have given me.

That is not to say that NOT staying in Singapore is completely the SCHIZZ. Well, what I'm trying to say is that I have a mildly greater appreciation for living in the country of Singapore, albeit its against the lower standards of the PRC. Nevertheless, there are some quarters tht feel that it is very strange to feel this way and even try to convince me otherwise, but the fact is, standards of living is high, there's a clean, some might say sterile environment, and most importantly, everything works.

Once you get past that, you realise, life in Singapore's not like utopia, but who wants perfection anyway... I like a fixer-upper.

No comments: