Sunday, January 13, 2008

happy birthday

These eyes stare out of the window,
longing for that summer rainbow.
The crisp dew-like sigh that floats,
a sound that I can almost see,
that makes me wish I had a boat.

The rhymes that I form in my sleep,
in the dreamlike state that is so deep,
the crisp, tender touch,
that gives me -oh so much.
Who can save me now,
from that painful... ow!

She reminds me of a shiver,
that involuntary tremble,
that sets off a sliver of warmth,
resembling pleasure,
resembling fear.

Oh how I miss her twinkling eyes,
her sparkling smile,
her shining aura,
her various other cliches.

Even her strawberry scent,
I knew it meant,
that now and again,
I must abstain from those thoughts.
Of her.

Eyes that glisten like the fresh snow,
you told me about this afternoon,
snow that falls once in a while,
snow that beggars belief,
snow that is cold to the touch.

I'd kiss you for your birthday,
If I could grow wings,
If I could swim, run, fly, bribe, extort, blackmail,
my way to China.
Underneath that veneer of childish manliness,
and a slight fetish for overpriced things,
I'm your friend always.

Happy Birthday, Beautiful girl.

No comments: